Offers of assistance
Help with legal issues, translations & banking
Refugees are confronted with a plethora of official legal requirements. In addition, translation assistance is often necessary for those seeking help and for helpers. Here you will find help offers and counseling centers on these topics.
socialmap berlin – emergency help for refugees
On the Paritätische online platform socialmap - Paritätischer Wegweiser für soziale Angebote you will find advice on legal matters and asylum as well as other offers important for refugees arriving from Ukraine and other countries under “Nothilfe für Geflüchtete” (only in German): https://socialmap-berlin.de/list/l/de/c/refugees
socialmap also includes various offers from all areas of social work. Language cafés, childcare, leisure activities and self-help offers are listed here, which may be relevant for refugees at a later time.
Mediates between refugees and people wanting to offer accommodation on its platform “LeaveNoOneBehind”.
https://ukraine.lnob.net/engagieren/ (You can report other initiatives here) https://ukraine.lnob.net/initiative-melden/
Type of support: General help e.g. with administrative processes, also provides accommodation
Volunteers for translation
Volunteers for language mediation are warmly welcome. If you speak Ukrainian or Russian and would like to help, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The State Office for Refugee Affairs will contact you.
Information on opening a bank account
On the webpage of the Ostdeutscher Bankenverband (association of banks in eastern Germany) information from private banks (overview page) offering advice on how to open bank accounts in Germany has been compiled for Ukrainian refugees.
The Ostdeutscher Bankenverband is also compiling information from German companies that want to help the new arrivals or have been affected by the war. https://ostbv.de/portfolio/bankinformation-fuer-ukrainerinnen-und-ukrainer/
Do you have any further suggestions or tips? We look forward to receiving your e-mail at: email@example.com.
- General assistance & overarching supports (Nr. 5483470)
- Help with legal issues, translations & banking (Nr. 5483442)
- Monetary donations for aid organizations (Nr. 5483446)
- In-kind Donation Assistance & Logistics (Nr. 5483458)
- Accommodation for people from Ukraine (Nr. 5483412)
- Recognition of qualifications (Nr. 5476818)
- Information for trainees (Nr. 5477136)
- Arriving and Working in Berlin (Nr. 5477148)
- Foreign trade at a glance (Nr. 5477640)
- Russia sanctions (Nr. 5477634)
- Best Practice: #Wirtschafthilft (Nr. 5477672)
- Recognition of qualifications in the skilled crafts sector (Nr. 5484220)
- Willkommenslotsen and Arrivo Training Coaching (Nr. 5484218)